Tuesday, February 17, 2009

signs that dogs are not mans best friend....

Don't be suckered by the cute face.... you may want to hug him, but I warn you, it is NOT SAFE!!!!

Ok some of you may or may not know what has been happening here lately - basically I don't want to say too much, but must vent my frustration somewhere!

Dogs are basically NOT man's best friend when they cost you an arm and a leg:

**Problem 1 - Leo had a bout of the runs since last Wed, which after a bit of chick and rice cleared up a little, then went back downhill to icky poops again. Trotted off to the vets Monay morning and now he's on antibiotics and a easy digestible diet which seems to have cleared things up.... including my bank balance....

** Problem 2 - Kinta has had some suspicious discharge from her girly bits and so, just to be safe, I was back at the vets to get this checked too. Bacterial infection/ vaginitis, swab sent off to pathology and antibiotics too!!!

Soo.... hopefully this clears up for both dogs and they are both fine with no serious issues. Leo's scare was a possible bowel obstruction and kinta's is possible (albeit very slim) Pyo.... even the word scares me :P.

I have asked the vets if they just want me to fwd my pay check to them since I have been there so often lately :)

Will let you know how the critters go.

Now.... since I have been told that every 'email' should have something POSITIVE in it...

why dogs ARE man's best friend:

** A certain pretty doggy won Bitch Challenge on the weekend cleaning up with another 11pts!!!! WOOT WOOT! Considering I was contemplating stopping for good 6mths ago, this is very happy news indeed :D

** Another certain doggy was absolutely awesome at the pet expo on the weekend - I think he has suckered quite a few people in on the Aussies that's for sure :D

Apparently this is the only appropriate way to greet people:
'manning' the stand:

1 comment:

Amanda O. said...

Ah, the joys! Never one gets sick but they ALL do. It's a conspiracy with the vets I'm sure! ;p They must have some kind of golden cookie in the backroom they bribe them with when we're not looking...

Hope things are back to boringly normal again and your bank account is on the mend.

Congrats on Miss Kinta's win!! :D No big shock Mr Leo enjoyed himself at the Expo though... did he at least have the grace to be tired at the end of the day? Si bounced home. And bounced around training the next day. And just plain bounced. I think it actually recharged her... ~_~;