Friday, May 09, 2008

By popular demand....

A new post!!! ROFL!

Question?! What *was* my last post about?!?!!?

Well - Kinta has finally entered (Kind of) the trialling circuit having her first NADAC agility trial last Sunday. She did extremely well and came back with 3 out of 4 passes.... A real pity about her NQ as she just knocked a couple of bars. It pointed out a few things I need to work on with her - but.... she shows promise. I'm so proud of her. Here are photos of Leo and Kinta on the day. Keep scrolling through as there are a few of each dog. Leo also did well at this trial and managed 2 out of 4 passes. I was really pleased with him as he was confident, fast and we all had an absolute blast! Leo missed one pass because I pulled him off the last jump (I didn't keep running straight) and he clipped it! Stupid, stupid handler! As for the 2nd pass he missed out on - he went a *little* crazy in his last run of the day (tunnelers) and went into the wrong end of the tunnel! Oops!

Unfortunately - no video footage as I didn't have anybody to tape for me :)

Am looking forward to next weekend as it will be Kinta's first obedience trial and I honestly can't wait to get her out - pass or fail!!! She is such a trooper :P

On other news, my little baby girl is going on a holiday without me this weekend :(. Going showing with her breeders. I'm gonna miss the crazy thing! Doubt she'll miss me though - she always has such fun with them.

A bit of drama - seems that Miss K is having a false pregnancy after her latest season - nothing drastic, but she did have a bit of discharge last week, which prompted a visit to the vet. It also got me wondering if she has not had phantoms before, as her boobs always are a little inflamed for some weeks after her season - but that is the only symptom she seems to have. Anyways the topic was brought up about breeding, and it looks like I have to start thinking about that.... so fun times ahead.....

I'm also seriously contemplating the thoughts of buying my own place in the near future. But it seems, while I have the means to get a loan to buy a modest (not shabby, but not fancy or big) place, in the area I want (haha - near KCC), meeting the repayments may be a little tough.... It's frustrating because I am *so* close it isn't funny... and I want my own independence etc. I plan to house share, but don't want to be dependent on it lest it doesn't work out/ can't find anyone etc,etc... then if you don't have someone, how will you make the repayments if ya get my gist. It's not like i'm living in the city and people are queuing up to be your roomie ;)... So I guess the decision now lies do I buy at the end of this year, and then rent it out - paying off as much as possible until I can afford to move in (still got to work out how I can do this and still get the first home buyers grant)... or do I hang out for a bit more, and buy when I have the money (and possibly when the housing prices are starting to rise again)..... Decisions, decisions! I wish I knew!!! Does anybody have a crystal ball to tell me what to do?!

On top of that - if I buy - I say bye bye to my traveling.... for a while at least.... do I want to... or do I want to go on one last fling first?! *sigh*... I *really* wish I knew. Now... where are those sexy, millionaires that I was always told about?!?! Better yet - in those fairytales - weren't there things called 'princes in shining armour'.... where did mine go?! Is he lost?! How can I speed him along in his trek to find me (maybe buy him a GPS?!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I thought i was going to be your roomy :( Don't you love me anymore??
I know what yo mean about the travel thing...i definitely want to go on another trip now...i am dying to get back there.

Maybe with my new Promotion i can afford to do both. Yay. Yes thats right i heard today that i have the position. Sweet, pay rise for me :)

aussienut said...

Yes - you're my roomy - but I give you a week before you move out after having to put up with me ;-).

It's really hard to decide - travel, independence, travel, independence!!! It changes daily what I want to do! So many places I want to go too.... NZ, CAN, US, UK...... LOL!